Days since Band and I became One

My Scale

Monday, March 28, 2011

What do you know about a dialated pouch?!?




Who is that girl?! This was taken a few weeks ago when we went camping with the family. Me? A camper? Not so much, but we still had fun!


So in all my 71lbs loss glory (WOOT!!!), there has to be a dark cloud hovering nearby, right? Well mine is called a dialated pouch. I guess I'm at the upper end of normal and the PA at DK's office told me I need to 'watch it'. Uh-ya. OK. Watch what?! Apparently she seems to think I'm eating too much, therefore stretching out the pouch to almost the width of my band. Sometimes I can barely eat anything, while other times I can eat two tacos from my fave place. I don't know what's going on.


I try to listen to my body when I'm eating. At the beginning of a meal, I can take 2-3 bites and feel normal. About the 4th-6th bite I start to feel fuller. Almost tight. If I wait a while I feel like I can slowly start again. Then a few more bites and I start to feel restricted again. Now here is where I think I go wrong. If I keep eating, I start to feel better and feel like I can eat more, so I do. Sometimes. Other times I quit while I'm ahead.


Since I'm now 'watching it', I stop when I feel that restriction and I don't push it. I guess it's working because the scaled finally moved a few lbs from last week and I'm resting at 191.5!!


I have an interesting NSV to share. I was shopping with P1 on Saturday and we were at JCP in the kids dept. We ended up in the plus sized girls dept and I found an 18.5plus size dress. It totally looked like it would fit, so I decided to try it on. Guess what?! IT FIT!!!!!! Now, it didn't look good by any means, but at least it fit. GIRLS DEPARTMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOWZA!!!!!!!!!!!


Another NSV- Strappy sandals with a 2 3/8 wedge heel!!! They fit, they aren't W, and they are super cute!!! See!
Well, that's it for the night. I hope you're all well and rockin' your bands!

1 comment:

  1. Very cute wedges!!

    I do the same thing with my band, I should ask about dilation too. Sometimes it seems like if I get in a starting "layer" of food, I can eat as much as I want without any restriction. Other times I feel it within the first few bites and I have to slow it down and wait, and then I can eat more.

    ReplyDelete