Days since Band and I became One

My Scale

Monday, January 17, 2011

They're Starting to ask Questions

Co-workers.

Love them to death, but they are starting to get nosey. I guess it's a good thing that some are starting to notice the loss (only took 50 damn pounds...I digress...), but some are starting to ask a lot more questions. They want to know what I'm doing, how long I've been doing "it" and all my tips. There are a handful of overweight folk in my office and seeing me, who was one of the biggest, shrink, has caused a little bit of a stir. OK, maybe that's just my interpretation, but some are starting to ask questions.

My standard answer is 'portion control, high protein, low fat/carb, and exercise. I guess that's partly true, right? I feel horrible lying by omission regardless. I'm just not ready to come clean. Now that I've had some success, I'm dreading the response that goes something like "Oh, I KNEW you must have done something drastic! There's just NO WAY you could have done it on your own." Uhhhh, thanks. KWIM?! I guess I just don't want everyone in my business or to suddenly become the local poster child for the LB. Ya know? I'm probably over-analyzing this, but I dread the questions.

Anyway, maybe I'll change my mind when I've lost more. I don't know how that will change anything, but at least I won't need to think about coming clean until then! Ha!

So, this morning I was greeted with a beautiful 204.5 on the scale. That puts me at 5.5lbs away from being in One-Derland. That is going to be a major day of celebrating, let me tell you! I haven't been 199 since 2002. Seriously, it was only that low for a minute and then I was right back up on a gradual incline. Uugghh. Anyway, I updated my weightloss ticker, despite it being Friday yet, my official weigh-in day. Just seeing that I'm almost halfway to my goal is just freaking awesome to me.

Well, thanks for listening. I need to put in a Scentsy order, so I better get going!! Speaking of which, can I see a show of hands of those who have never heard or experienced the greatness that is Scentsy?!?! I'm just curious. A poll, if you will! THANKS!!! And if you're so inclined, please check it out! www.TrinScents.Scentsy.us I'm looking for a few great ladies to join my team!! ;)

4 comments:

  1. I say if you aren't comfortable telling people you had LB then they don't need to know!

    Go on with your bad self!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say if you're not ready to tell folks about your band, you don't have to. You told the truth - you're watching your intake, exercising, and eating healthier - that's all they need to know!

    Here's to Onederland!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what to tell you about that as I have been an open book about the whole thing with everyone. Everyone that I work with has been great about it. I tried to keep it mum at the Courthouse though, but that only worked for about 50 lbs then the questions started rolling... even the bailiffs LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in the same boat...I don't want to be a poster child either, having everyone scrutinize every bite I put in my mouth. I tell them I am just eating more protein and running...which is the truth! It is your way of eating and lifestyle changes that have helped you to lose weight...I know plenty of people with LB that never grasped that concept. Your doing great - I see ONEderland in your near future! :)

    ReplyDelete