Days since Band and I became One

My Scale

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Another "I'm Alive" entry



It seems like all my posts are titled "I'm Alive"?! I guess when someone is on the PC all day long at work, the last thing they want to do when they get home for the day is log on the PC! I'm sorry I haven't been around, but such is life.
Here is a bit of an update of what's been going on since June. Geez, can't believe it's been that long since I've posted.
Anyway, so I decided a few months back that I was going to start singing again. I don't know if I mentioned that before, but in my younger days, I sang. I did musical theatre. I loved performing and just singing in general. I decided that I was going to find a voice teacher and start taking lessons once a week. Well, I did and they've been great. I did have an alterior motive, and it was called Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. I love this musical. It's my favorite! The part that I think my voice is most suited is that of the Narrator! So when I saw that auditions were coming up in Aug for a local production, I knew I had to get my butt in gear to do it. Hence the lessons AND starting Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. I started the shred on 7/8 and have been doing it daily for a good 27 days. I defaulted the last 4 days and need to start it again since I didn't go the full 30. Anyway.....so back to my story.
This week was the annual Scentsy convention! Luckily this year it was in my home state, so I was able to make it. My first one and I was thrilled. OMG- SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much fun!!! I had a blast and we got all kinds of freebies! I love Scentsy!! But anyway, so this weekend also was my auditon. But, it turned out to be a two-step process. Dance audition followed by a vocal audition. Ummm, ya, I'm not a dancer by any stretch of the imagination. I can move, but I'm NOT a dancer. Well, yesterday was tha dance audition. I kept having images of Chris Farley compared to Patrick Swayze in that famous SNL skit about a Chippendale dancer audition between the two. Ummm, ya....I was Chris Farley!! But that's OK, I wasn't the worst up there, but lord knows I was FAR from the best. I did my thing. I stayed. I DID IT and that's all that mattered to me. THEN, they dropped the bomb and announced they would only call a select few to hear them sing. I believe they would call today, and my phone hasn't rang once. :(
It's kind of discouraging that they didn't even want to hear me, after I've practiced for months. But, if that's how they want to conduct the audition process, I guess that's their right. It doesn't mean I have to like it. If they were going by vocal ability alone, I KNOW I would be in the running. I CAN SING!!!! :)
Anyway, so back to my workout. Jillian Michaels is the devil in spandex....BUT I'm feeling so much better after doing this. I have increased stamina, I feel so much stronger, and I think I've lost a few inches. I took measurements and before & after pics, but I'm not going to note everything until next Saturday. I'm going to do it for one more week and then see my progress. I don't think I've lost any weight (I keep bouncing between 187 & 184), but I think I've lost inches. :)
So in all, I'm pretty pleased with myself and my accomplishments this summer. I set goals, I completed goals, and that, to me, is awesome!!! :)
Here is a pic of me from last week.
Here is another one. I'm second to last on the left with my Scentsy sisters (and brothers- or sisters hahaha).
What I love most about this pic, and it made me tear up when I saw it, is that I'm not the largest girl in this pic. I look 'normal sized' compared to everyone else and I LOVE THAT!!!!!
I hope everyone is well and loving life. Everything else is great...band is getting another adjustment this week. I'm at a 4.9cc currently and feel I could be a little tighter. I'm still hungry between meals, but nothing like I was a month ago. Now if I could just get down to the 170s I would be happy as a clam!!

No comments:

Post a Comment