Days since Band and I became One

My Scale

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Quick Fix my Ass

I'm a part of a website for weight loss tracking & it pisses me off when people refer to WLS as a quick fix!!!!! I know it's just their insecurity, ignorance & justification to themselves why they haven't had it done- but it makes me angry!!! I wouldn't call struggling to lose 80lbs in 14 months "quick". That's not even 6lbs a month!! I wouldn't call shelling out thousands of dollars easy, either. What I really want to say to you people who think this is a "quick fix" is this:
This is not an effin cake walk. I've worked hard for these 80lbs. I made the choice on my own when I had run out of options. Surgery OR DEATH. If you're reading this, and your BMI is over 50- those are probably your options too. I was tired of losing weight on my own, only to gain it back. If you don't make a solid decision in your head to permanently & drastically change your lifestyle, you can lose 1000lbs and every bit of it will come back!!! I promise. This isn't foolproof either. Nothing is. But the success rate is much higher.

I mean, look at the biggest losers. Who hasn't gained their weight back?! Most of the winners have. We applaud them for "doing it the old fashioned way" and yet look down & feel sorry for them when they gain it back. Skinny people probably think " awww, if he had just said no to the cookies" and fat people really knew it was just a matter of time before it came back and we're thinking "keep your fat clothes, honey." Most of the time it does.

So, as I was saying. You can call this the quick fix all you want, but when you're tired of being sick & tired, come talk to me. Talk to any of us. We have nothing to hide and only support to give.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone


3 comments:

  1. All I can say is I'm lucky I haven't run across anyone saying this....yet....and the day I do I just hope I can keep my cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. High fives on this post! I agree wholeheartedly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heck yeah! It bugs me too... this process is FAR from a quick fix for most of us, regardless of which procedure we chose to get.

    ReplyDelete