Days since Band and I became One

My Scale

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Dr. Appt Update

I had my appt yesterday and surprisingly I had lost almost 2 lbs in two weeks. I couldn't believe it, but I'll take it. I was able to get a fill. Praise the Lord!! .4cc up from last time. That puts me at 4.8cc in my 10cc band. My highest was 6.3, and now I'm finding it can't hold like it used to. She said I would probably never be able to get that high again. The second time I had issues, I was at 5.5cc.

So that's that. She gave me some new tips. She said "DO NOT EAT ANYTHING YOU CAN'T PICK UP WITH A FORK." Huh, what?! That includes finger/snacky foods either, & soup. So basically, anything good must be avoided. hahaha Why does this have to be soooo hard?!?!? I think your first year with the band and your second year are like night and day. SOOOOO different. That first year, you think "I SOOO GOT THIS" and now the second year you actually have to work. HARD. Ughhh. Why can't it just be easy?!! If it was, we wouldn't need the band. Right??

My dr wants us to do three days of liquids following a fill. What does your suggest?? I normally give them a day, and then it's back to business as usual. You think that's my problem? "YOU THINK?! DUH!!!" I can hear most of you thinking. So, this time I'm determined to go the three days on liquids. I've got my Optifast shakes for breakfast and lunch, and I do have some soup for dinner that I can puree. Does that count as a liquid? I hope so. It's an awesome Sausage, Kale, and Lentil soup I made from scratch. It's SOOO yum! Anyway...so that's that.

I'm determined to get my ass back in the right direction. My clothes aren't fitting well and that scares me. I'm used to them being too loose. NOT TOO TIGHT. :(

Until then....take care everyone!!! Oh, and if anyone needs any Scentsy- let me know! LOL Just your friendly consultant here too! haha

1 comment:

  1. I like that fork idea. That would keep me out of trouble. My post-fill instructions from the surgeon is 24 hours of liquids.

    ReplyDelete