Days since Band and I became One

My Scale

Monday, July 2, 2012

It could always be worse

Sometimes when we think our lives are sucking & bad things are happening to us, you learn something and it quickly changes your outlook.

Here I am whining about needing my band removed and fearful that I'm going to gain my weight back and a friend confides in me that she has cancer & needs a full hysterectomy at the age of 36.

This is the first time that someone I know, personally and in the present tense, has uttered those words to me.

It's just heartbreaking. Shocking.

So, I'm not a huge religious freak or anything, but in the last few years, I'm noticing His work affecting my life. I'm sorry that it's taken my friend's cancer diagnosis to open my eyes to all the wonderful blessings I have in my life and I'm thankful.

Very, very thankful.

There is a reason this is happening and I will try to see the goodness that will come from it, instead of focusing on the negative outcome that COULD happen.

I'm hoping & praying for my friend's complete recovery, and I know her family, friends, and her faith will get her through this .

Ps- I've started the 30 Day shred again. Today I completed day 4. YIPPY! LOL


Love, T

No comments:

Post a Comment