Days since Band and I became One

My Scale

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Finally, Damn it

I'm in One-Derland. 197 as of this morning, to be exact.

Yaeeeeee

I had this epic post planned for the day that I reach under 200lbs. I really did. It was going to be complete with HUGE fonts, tons of exclaimation points, etc etc... But here it is, like a week of being under 200 and I'm just now telling you about it. Boo.

I guess because I look in the mirror and although somewhat smaller, I'm still fat. Being slightly under 200 when you're 5'1" doesn't change that. I'm not going to get all pissy-missy on ya, and I'm VERY grateful to be under 200 than over 300 like I was heading, I just thought I would feel better-er. Look better-er. Don't get me wrong, I know it's a huge accomplishment. I realize that, it's just hard to get excited about it. The last time I was under 200, it was VERY short lived. It's almost like I don't want to get too attached to that because I'll gain it all back in a few months like I always have. Anyway, it's still hard to believe.

It's almost been 8mo since I was banded. 8mo and 65lbs later. Size 26 to now a size 14/16/18 (ya, I'm all over the place.). I've now lost more weight than I have left to lose to get to my goal of 140. Which means I am more than halfway to my goal. INSANE. Really, freakin CRAZY.

I really need to post some pics. I think blogs with pics are better. lol We had a computer keel over last week and my DH has been working on it. When I'm back in business, I'll be able to post the scary boy shorts and sports bra pics. Brace yourselves people, they aren't for the faint of heart. Shiver. :/

So, I hope everyone had a nice Valentine's. I was spoiled. Surprised with a lunch date, a new Pandora bracelet and a charm, a homemade lobster AND crab leg dinner and roses. After 10+ yrs, he's finally learning. Too bad AF was on her way that evening and I was an irritable beeotch. Oh well, can't win them all. He understood and I think that was the best present of them all.

I've had a few highlights this week. The biggest one is

I'm going to my FIRST Josh Groban concert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've loved him from the beginning but have never had the chance to see him in concert (read: never shelled out the money to be in the fanclub that enabled me to first come seating). Yesterday, I bought myself (and P1) tickets and get this.....

16th ROW, BABBYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! I'm BEYOND excited!!!!!

That is super close to me. Few times in my life have I been closer: the Wiggles when P1 was 3 and we had front row center (a miracle). & NKOTB when I was 14 and I had 7th row (they were playing at Six Flags and no one knew who they were, so total accident!). I digress....

16th ROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I didn't have to sell P2 to pay for them either! Life is good!!

The second good thing this week was my mini-Scentsy convention to gear up for Spring. What an amazing meeting. I'm realizing more and more what a fabulous company Scentsy is and I'm VERY fortunate to be a part of that. It's changing my life.

In fact, everything is changing. My body is changing. My mind is changing, and I know it's a good thing.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I know sometimes it sucks being a shorty. Feels like we have to weigh like "air" to be in a normal weight range. You WILL get there. I am right here with you and 5'2"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot Wooot!! For Onederland!! I'm so thrilled for YOU!! You're going to get to goal, I just know you will!!

    Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete