Days since Band and I became One

My Scale

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Heels were created by the Devil

I've been wanting boots. Not cowboy boots. Not suede low boots. Oh no, those would be too easy. I wanted heeled boots. Sassy boots. Boots that say "Look out world, I've lost 40lbs and I'm feeling ZESTY!!" OK, not really...but I did want a pair of boots, with a heel to look great with the prep coat I got from Old Navy a few weeks back (Size XXL BABY!!!!!!!!). So I found some. Low boots (because I'm still a big girl with big calves, so high boots aren't an option; YET!) I found two pairs, actually. One at p@yless while shopping with my daughter for boots for her (I know, only the best for me and family! bwahahahaha I don't spend money on quality shoes for me. I'll get into that post at a later date). Anyway, so I found those, and then I found another pair at JCP. Similar in styles, but different enough to warrant buying both of them.

Let me see if I can find pics.....


OK, this is the p@yless boot, 2.75in heel:


This is the JCP boot, over 3in heel:



Cute, eh?!

I had been wearing the first boot around the house, in thick socks trying to break them in. They are pretty comfortable. So after a few days, I decided I would try to wear them to work yesterday. It's our casual day. I thought wearing my new coat, my size 18 Gloria V jeans I rec'd from the S'Hood, and my boots would make for a VERY spiffy T.

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY............. HEELS are made from the DEVIL. How on earth do women wear those daily??????????????? I just don't get it!!!!!!!!!!! I tried to do as little walking as required in my day, but I did have to make a trip to the mall to buy my Harry Potter tickets and grab an ornament at Hallmark. By the time I got back to the car, I felt like I was walking on hot coals and that I would tip over any second. WHAT IS THE DEAL?!?!?!?!? I mean, at 2.75in high, they're not even really high. Plus, I'm sure I looked like a 12yo wobbling around in heels for the first time. When I was younger, my BFFs mom was a model back in the 60s. She always told us to "walk like a wave in the ocean" when wearing any type of heel. Well, yesteday I looked like a whale trying to manuever choppy seas during a hurricane. OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was awful. In fact, during the date night with the hubby last night, I opted for other shoes because I just couldn't deal with the pain I was sure to be in walking from point A to point B, and then back again.

So really, is there a trick?!?!? I mean, I've worn heels before in my younger days and I don't remember them hurting so damn much.

Well, as for the sassy JCP, well they were mail ordered. I got them yesterday and my fat foot wouldn't even squeeze into them! They are SOOOO going back. I think after yesterday, even if they did fit, they would still go back!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, on a side....HARRY POTTER WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I laughed and cried!!!!!!! Can't wait for #2!!!

4 comments:

  1. Heels are evil and the person who invented them should be dug up and killed, again.

    Try wedges with a bit of platform. You get height, but a flatter footbed and more stability. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love me some cute shoes! But damn heels are a killer. I would love to sport some cute semi high heels, but my feet just won't allow it for more than an hour. There has to be a solution.

    By the way, Avenue has some awesome boots that are really comfortable and cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Harry Potter was awesome! I can't wait for # 2! On the heel note, I would die in heels until I hit about 175. I can handle them now without issue during the work day. I actually enjoy wearing them now. So save the boots for small doses for a couple of more pounds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha!! I feel the same way about heels!! I thought recently that maybe I could try them... after all, I've lost weight, they should be easier, right?

    OMG.

    No.

    I tortured myself for a whole day of classes in boots with heels. I looked good, at least until midday, when I was hobbling around like a drunkard.

    No more heels for me, unless something really dramatic happens in these last 30-40 pounds. LOL!

    ReplyDelete