Days since Band and I became One

My Scale

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Who Knows?

4 People know. Correction: 4 people IRL know.



Me, my DH, the director at DD's school (she's banded) & my friend.



That's it. For now. Well, I have 3 online buddies that know too! (shout-out, A, S & M!)



A part of me wants to scream "This time next year I'm going to be thin!!!!!!!!" but then the other part of me thinks "Oh dear God, what if I tell everyone that and this time next year I'm NOT thin?" I fear running my mouth off and then having everyone and their mama either A) Turn into the food police, B) watching me like a hawk, or C) expecting my weight loss to be quicker/slower, etc... I'm not stupid enough to think that everyone will approve of my choice. Some will probably think it's a dumb idea and that I should just get my ass on a treadmill. Believe me, this ass has been on the proverbial treadmill most of it's life and sadly, it's still there.

Anyway, I work full-time and I'm wondering whom do I tell and when? I work in a small office and I know the old hens will be cackling it up when they notice changes with my habits...especially the eating habits. Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself. I mean, I haven't even been approved for the surgery yet.

1 comment:

  1. I have to tell you that I am so glad you have told me. You need a few cheerleaders on this journey, especially ones that won't judge you. I would say to wait to tell people until things are under way and you see some results. You know at that point, you won't be able to keep your mouth shut because you will be so happy and proud. Get those negative thoughts out of your mind because you will succeeed on this! And next summer I am coming to visit again and I will be bringing you lots of "new, slightly used" clothes to wear!
    Love ya,
    -A

    ReplyDelete