Days since Band and I became One

My Scale

Monday, July 12, 2010

2 week Check Up Tomorrow and I think I got stuck

Tomorrow I go see DK for my two week post-op visit. I'm not going to get a fill yet, from what I hear. I am hesistant to go because I know my weight loss has been minimal. In fact, I went away this weekend and this morning I was up two pounds. I'm not going to worry about it. No fill, no loss, no surprise. Not to mention, I've gone two days without having a shake, so my calories has been coming from actual food.

I'll keep you posted. I'm dreading it.

OH- My stuck episode.

On my way home tonight, I called my DH and asked if he was making dinner. He informed me that he wasn't and that I should probably pick something up since we hadn't gone to the grocery store this past weekend. I thought chinese food would be better than a burger and fries. I was hungry. More hungry than I have been in a while. I was eating faster than normal, bigger bites than normal, and then I started to have trouble swallowing.

Then I felt the pain in the middle of my chest.

Did I stop eating?? No. I took a drink of DH's water, waited a second to see if it would pass and then I started eating again. Got another bite in and suddenly felt like I couldn't breathe. I panicked for a minute and then took another drink, stood up and stretched my torso and my shoulders hoping that would dislodge the chicken, or whatever it was.

Damn, if that's what getting stuck feels like, I'm not going to like that at all. It felt horrible. Thankfully I didn't get the slime and I didn't throw up, so I guess that's a good thing. Still though. That freakin hurt.

I'm going to have to rethink Chinese food again in the near future. Eeek.

4 comments:

  1. Yep... that was stuck! It hurts worse if you take a drink to wash it down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think your 2 week check-up will be fine. at my one week check-up they told me not to worry about losing right now...just to worry about getting my protein. i won't get my first fill til the 23rd (3 wks. post-op). i hope your check-up goes well...and don't worry about the Chinese. :) i ate like crap today too...feels sucktastic :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch - that doesn't sound like fun. Slow down on the eating and I hope your check-up goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe you just needed to slow down and chew better.

    ReplyDelete