Days since Band and I became One

My Scale

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Two Week Check-Up

My 2wk check up was today. I was dreading it. I think I already mentioned that.

It went OK. Didn't last very long. My weight was the same as it was when I weighed myself there at the beginning of my second pre-op diet week. No change.

The nurse was kind of shocked when she noticed I had only lost 2lbs since April. Of course I had to set her straight and explain the free-for-all from April-June. So in all, I've lost 15lbs. I'm not changing my top ticker. :> I'll get back down...

ESPECIALLY when I get my first fill on August 11th!!!!!! The kicker with that is that my band will hold 10cc and the nurse said I would most likely get 4-5cc on my very first fill. Yes, MY FIRST FREAKIN FILL WILL BE 4-5CC!!! I think DK is insane, but seriously, isn't that a tad too aggressive for a first fill???? Veteran bandsters, I would love to hear your thoughts on that one.

The nurse said he likes his patients to hit their sweet spot ASAP. Ummm, ya, no kidding. So, in four weeks, life as I currently know it will be but a fond memory. EEK.

Anyway, so other than that, she said my incisions look good, the liver biopsy came back normal, and I need to take Vitamins D & B12. Other than that, I'm good as gold. :)

4 comments:

  1. not a veteran bandster...but here goes :)

    you're doing great...and you'll get your ticker moving like crazy very soon. :)

    i'll be 2 weeks post-op thursday and my first fill is set for the 23rd. at my last check-up they said most first fills are anywhere from 2-4cc. i hope you do well with the 4cc and kick butt. if it's too much...you can always get a baby unfil. either way...you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust me, when you get to August 11, you will hoping and praying that they give you 4-5ccs. At least that is what I am hoping for today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on a good appt! I got 6cc on my first fill, although my band holds 14cc. I know people differ in their opinions, but it still took me 5 fills to find some restriction, so I am all for aggression with fills.

    You WILL lose the weight. I had a rough couple of months and am doing good once again. Everyone has their time, and yours will come!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My PA said they want to be aggressive so that I have some fairly good restriction once I get to solid food. So That's why they gave me 3 cc at my first post op visit and will probably do the same at next visit

    ReplyDelete