Days since Band and I became One

My Scale

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

3 weeks and revelations

Somethings I've learned since I was banded three weeks ago today.

In no particular order:

I have food issues, but I still can't pinpoint exactly what it is. I know I'm possessive of my food. As a kid, when I came into some money, I would buy food that was ALL mine and I would hide it in my room because I didn't want my brothers or my dad to eat it. As an adult, having my first well paying job and my own place (read: my own fridge), I could buy whatever I wanted from the store and I didn't have to share it with anyone. Even now, or should I say before LB, if I bought something special for me and if I found out my DH got into it or heaven forbid finished it, I would have a mini-meltdown. Don't know what that's about. Any professionals out there want to analyze me?!?

I eat really fast and it's a bitch to slow down and focus on my chewing. I also take huge bites. OMG, that has been one of the hardest things to do too. Take little birdie bites. It's just not happening right now.

The scale is a salty old broad and I dislike her every morning AND night.

Since I started my exercise challenge, and I've gotten on my elliptical TWICE, I'm finding that I use exercise as a license to eat. "Oh, I can eat this bag of potato chips. I worked out this morning." Yesterday was a prime example of give her an inch, she'll eat a footlong. LOL I had done my measley five min on the Elliptical (I'm going to call her Elli from now on. It's too much to type.) yesterday morning and by the evening I was starving. I had to run to the store to pick up some diapers, and when I was out, I had to buy my P1 some lunch stuff. I decided to buy one of those $.25 bags of chips, followed by a pack of the new M&M pretzels (YUM!), and then Oh LOOK, a FREE coupon for a Frappe at McD's! Who am I to pass up a free anything. I didn't consciously make the decision to be bad like that, but some little beast in my head was thinking there was no problem because "I worked out". HA. I'm going to have to work on that.

I've had a few NSVs recently. I have these super cute capris that, even though they are my size, have been incredibly tight the last few times I've tried to wear them. Well, in an act of desperation during a fashion crisis, I brought out said pants and attemped to squeeze my ass into them. Well slap yo mama, they fit with room to spare!! YEE-FREAKIN-HAW! You know what else is starting to hang on me?? My Pandora bracelet. I've noticed lately that it is able to sit lower on my wrist. CHA-CHING. :> Other than that...everything else appears to be the same. :/

I'm learning that this band really needs a name. Maybe once I get a fill, it will come to me...but until then, she will remain nameless.

Only two people at my work know that I'm one with the band. I intend to keep it that way until the weight starts falling off. Then maybe I will let others in on my skinny secret....oh I can't wait to have a skinny secret! ;) I also can't wait until the day when someone asks "have you been losing weight?". Oh what a glorious day that will be!!!!!

Kids say the darndest things, as do husbands apparently. On Sunday, my girls and I did a little retail therapy at the mall. I told my oldest that I was going to look into buying a swimsuit for next season since they are going on clearance now. Here is how the conversation went...OH, disclaimer. She's 7, and isn't PC in her terms...
P1: Mom, are you going to buy a bikini?
Me: Uhhhh (giggle giggle) probably not.
P1: How come?
Me: Errrrr, well, ummmmm, I have too many scars on my tummy now from my surgeries and I don't think they look that great.
P1: Oh mom, that's OK. Just tell people you were in a fight with an Indian and you won!

I almost peed my pants. An Indian (excuse me, Native American!)?? She couldn't have picked a tiger or a lion or something with claws...an Indian?! Really?!?!

Then tonight, as I was huffing and puffing on the Elli, my DH happily pointed out that where Elli is positioned, I could see the cross on the wall and be reminded that although I might be in pain, I won't be in as much pain as Jesus was when he died on the cross for my sins. NICE. :p We're not super religious folks, so again, I almost peed. hahahahaha He had a point though. :/ Oh, and I did find a two piece tankini. It's a size 14!!!! I'm ambitious. What's funny is that I tried it on when I got home. Now, I looked like a stuffed sausage and it did cause my hubby to holler "WHAT IN THE HELL IS THAT!?", but the fact that I was able to squeeze into it was NSV!!!!!!!!!! I also bought a cute pair of petite denim short shorts...in a size 12!!!!!!! (Also, one more revelation, I think the clothes are much more generous then they used to be!)

So with that my friends, I leave you. It's now past 11pm and I'm late for meeting my daily goal of being in bed by 10pm every night.

2 comments:

  1. Haha T, you make me laugh. Thanks for your fantastic humour, it really helps ease my nerves for my upcoming band date next week. I also bought a pair of 12 denim shorts as inspiration. Can't wait to be able to post a picture wearing them.
    :o)
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. T, That was a really funny post. I too had an Elli, but traded her in for a stationery bike. It helped out with the exercise. I hear the Elli is not for everyone, especially if you have bad knees. I hope it works out for you. I love that you bought new clothes in sizes too small now! I have been doing that too. Not too many items, just 2-3 in the lower size from where I am now. It's a really good positive vibe to succeed in that one small endeavor. I look forward to the pictures once they fit.

    ReplyDelete