Days since Band and I became One

My Scale

Thursday, July 22, 2010

I went to be supported

I went to my first support group meeting tonight! I really enjoyed it. I was the 'baby' of the group since I'm only 3wks out of surgery. It was nice to hear the stories of the people who have been around a while and have lost a lot. What made the meeting even better was that my surgeon actually attended!!! In fact, he participated a lot and it really said a lot about him as a person. To come in, in a t-shirt and shorts, looking like a regular guy (not the bazzilionairre doctor that he is in this area) and speaking with us little people. It was AWESOME and it gave me a better respect for him, as he really does care about his patients. :) It was an informative meeting. We talked about the different emotional stages that banders go through with the band. It made a lot of sense....although 'Bandster Hell' wasn't listed on there and we all agreed they needed to add it!!

Want to hear the good news?????

I stood on their scale, at 8pm at night, after working all day AND eating buffalo wings for dinner......AND I weighed exactly the same as I did in his office over a week ago! YIPPY SKIPPY that made my night!!!! Plus, you always weigh less in the mornings than in the evening, so truth be told I probably lost some!! YAE!!!!! I was SOOOO scared to step on it and find that I had gained 3-5lbs like my damn scale at home says. I think I'm going to shop for a new scale this weekend! :>

On a random note- My MIL is driving me BONKERS. This woman is nuckin futs!!!! She got DH and I some tickets to see MY favorite musical for our anniversary. She knows DH isn't a theatre geek like I am, yet she expects me to drag him there. Well, he said he would stay home and watch the baby and I could take P1 and have a day with her. FANTASTIC!!! So we told P1 what the plan was and she's all excited. NOW, my MIL caught wind that we won't need her to watch the kiddos and now she's all bent out of shape because she bought the tix for US and not for me and the kid. WTF?!?! Who cares what I do with the GIFT YOU bought US. Sorry but you shouldn't have any say in what happens to the gift AFTER its been given. Am I wrong here people?!?!?! It seems like we go about six months before MIL starts digging her nose into stuff that doesn't have anything to do with her. Makes me mad. What makes me even more mad is now DH is rethinking his stance and wants to make it a date for us. Keep in mind, my DH is SOOO far from a mama's boy that I don't know where this is coming from. Normally he would (in so many words) tell his mom to stick-it...but now he's having second thoughts. What pisses me off is that we already told P1 she was going and now we have to backpedal. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. What makes me mad STILL is that now I have to clean my house for their surprise visit to watch the girls, or a girl, or something. Grrrrr

I'll keep you posted. I have a day to figure it all out. Nigh-night my 35 followers!!!!! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. A gift should be given freely with the full understanding that once it leaves your hands, it is completely up to the recipient what is done with it. I never, ever "monitor" gifts I give. I give them freely and let them go completely. lol

    Your husband in your last entry cracked me up. Sounds like the kind of so unhelpful stuff my husband will spout, from time to time. lol

    When I think about your band, the name Trixie keeps popping into my head. Why, I don't know. Why I am thinking about your band, I also don't know... ;) lol

    I like the new look around here. I'm glad that you got it worked out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least your mother in law is civil. Mine is an evil witch that I had to kick out of my house over a year ago. She only calls now if she needs something, and then it is just to my husband!

    My vote is if you and P1 want to go then good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like your support group was awesome and a good way to "band" together. Aahhah I am funny. LOL

    You already know my thoughts on crazy MIL. I hope you enjoy the show either way. :)

    ReplyDelete