Days since Band and I became One

My Scale

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Release the Fat

I'm confused with this whole banding thing. I know I probably sound like a broken record (sorry to those youngin's who aren't familiar with that term. haha), but I'm just not grasping how I'm going to lose all this weight.

My reasoning is this:

I'm currently consuming a heck of a lot less calories than I was pre-op and here I am not losing anything. I've noticed that I get fuller faster and am staying fuller longer, but again....ZERO loss on the scale. WTH?! I'm convinced my body is rebelling against my efforts and refuses to release the fat. SOOOOO aggrivated & discouraged.

Getting a fill of 5cc seems like it will only make me more miserable and won't help the shedding of the fat, so I'm thinking what's the point?! Will that stop me from getting a fill? Hell to the NO, I just feel the need to bitch about something. :)

6 comments:

  1. I was banded June 28th.. I think our bodies are adjusting to the fact that we aren't putting thousands of calories in them every day. I am very hopeful that in time it will start to come off... I get my first fill on the 19th - I'm pretty excited about that. Sounds like my doctor is more aggressive than some.

    Hang in there - once your body figures out that it's not starving, the fat will see it's way to the door. At least that's what I hope is going to happen!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still hoping. I told my dr. yesterday that I was getting frustrated, he said that he will put fills closer together. He also assured me that it will happen. I am doing everything right. I guess we just want to wake up skinny or something. Wouldn't be bad would it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs. I do think there is something to be said about your body thinking it is starving right now and it is holding on to the very little you are giving it. Soon it will realize that it doesn't need to hold on to everything and the fat will really start to melt. Keep positive and I'm sure your fill will help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bitch away from friend. That's the joy of having your own blog. Listen, I know its super frustrating, I came close to punching the wall, Tracey, small children and old people several times...but if you are doing the right thing, it will move. I don't believe it's as simple as calories in and calories out. I think our bodies, our metabolism, whatever...is so wack after being fat and yo-yoing, that sometimes we just stop losing for a minute. Stay on track.

    It will happen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang in there! Here is me holding your hand.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks you guys! You're the best and I appreciate the encouragement. :). That right there is what makes blogging so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete