Days since Band and I became One

My Scale

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Hot Mess, table for 1, your table is ready.

I ate.

Real



Food.



(cowers head)



wait for it....






wait for it......


TWICE. (ducks)




I was starving, so I pushed the envelope. I ate half of a subway-like ham & cheese sandwich for lunch. (it was damn good). I took teeny-tiny bites and it took me 45min to consume it. I pulverized it.

Now tell me, did I just ruin my band????


Part of me is going to say NO. BUT, then I had a friend inform me that they give you the mushie phase so your stomach doesn't need to work to digest the food and therefore it won't disrupt the stiches they put to hold the darn thing in place.

WONDER-FREAKING-FUL.

WHY did I not know this BEFORE I stuffed my face????? WHY was this not plastered all over LBT?? More importantly, WHY didn't DK tell me THAT'S the reason mushies are advised???????????? WHY OH WHY am I such an idiot??????????????????????
Had it been explained to me THAT WAY, I can say I probably wouldn't have done it. CRAP. SHIT. Arrggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh.

Someone, anyone, please tell me it will be OK???? PLEASE. I'm putting out an APB to all Bandsters....PLEASE tell me I just didn't f*ck up my band!!!!!!!!!!


OK-

So, my weekend..besides starving and being in a home where two briskets, two sausages, and one rack of ribs were smoking for the festitivies on Sunday...I refrained from a morsel. Yes, believe it. I did refrain. So on Sunday, woke up to my kitten jumping in bed with me. Or, little backstory. He's my baby's kitten. A great kitten. Almost 4mo old. Super sweet, but runs amok and fights with his older great uncle, my other daughter's cat. So, since they are indoors, sometimes we lock them in the garage at night. Their food, water and litter box are out there so it's cool. Anyway, so P1 let him in in the morning and he came to visit me in bed. Then I noticed something wet on my arm. After investigating, I found he's bleeding. From his tail. The end of his tail. The bone is sticking out. Over an inch of exposed bone is sticking out from his tail. W*T*F?!?!?

We start playing CSI and try to find out where this happened and all we find are some spots of blood in the living room. None by the cat door leading out to the garage. None in the garage. Nothing. Someone this kitten has managed to strip the fur off the underside of his tail and expose the bone without making a peep? Of course I start freaking out. He's just a kitty. It's Sunday AND it's 4th of July. Who is going to be open?? Luckily, a pet hospital opened up near us and they are open. Thank God. I call to bring him in, and of course he can't come until 3pm. So my DH takes the girls to the inlaws and I'm left at home to wait until our appt. Meanwhile, I run his tail under cold water, pour some peroxide on it, and further examine. Eeeewwwww. It was really gross, and normally I'm not a squemish person. This time it grossed me out.

Once I get to the vet, already stressing about how much it's going to cost and what they are going to do about it. They go on to tell me it needs to be amputated. SAY WHAT!?/!?!? The WHOLE tail, I ask??? Nope, just a few inches off the bottom. Lovely. How much. $400. OUCH. Just for the bottom of the tail. (visions of whacking off the whole tail and calling him a manx comes to mind, at this time. More bang for my buck. JK!!!!) So I tell them I really can't afford that, so they try to work with me...by adding in other services while he's under. How nice of them. Grrrrrr.

To make a long story longer, I decided to give him the full overhaul. Neuter. Declaw (yes, I know. Hush). Shots. Amputation. All for the bargain price of $475 (which I put on a credit card. HATE doing that.) How is that possible, you ask??? Well, I had to pay for a wellness plan, and that ended up costing me $94 out of pocket. But wait, there's more. With this lovely wellness plan (aka, bend-me-over plan), I also need to pay $25 a month for the priviledge. For a freaking year. Grrrrr.

I'm happy to report that I have a very jacked up kitten home and happy where he belongs. :) I'll try to get a pic of him to post. Pathetic little thing.

So back to Sunday... once I had the vet stuff taken care of, I joined the rest of my family for a (sans) BBQ and firewords. Now, we're from California where their fireworks are "Safe & Sane". Now here in Texas, ours are UNSAFE & INSANE!!!!! But OMG, so much fun! I took some cool pics of the kiddos and I will post soon!! Super cute!!!

Anyway, so that was my weekend. This freaking sandwich revelation puts the cherry on top. I REALLY hope I didn't screw myself from here on out.

Well, I'm out. Hope you all had a nice 4th! Hope I don't blow my band out tonight and will get to talk to you tomorrow and tell you how I'm STILL starving. :>

3 comments:

  1. You did not screw up your band... I started eating real food slowly early. Doc said when I told him at my one week visit that it was fine if it didn't hurt.

    Poor Kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather- You, and your doctor, just made my night. I'm soooo thankful for your comments! What a relief. I'm still not going to do it again until it's time! I may be dumb but I'm not stupid! LOL Thanks hon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me tell you the emergency pet hospital is such a racket - I took my dog there once and when I followed up with my regular vet. He never had a heart attack over the prices and told me half of what they did for my dog (and charged for) was totally unnecessary. Seems I could have solved all my dog's problems with a $1.oo bottle of vitamin K from sun harvest. Instead of the $300.00 I spent which originally started out at $1500.00 - When they originally told us $1500.00 my husband told them - "I guess this dog is gonna die" and then they gave us the cheaper option.

    ReplyDelete