Days since Band and I became One

My Scale

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Fill 'er Up

I'm filled! I'm filled.

Want to know a secret?!

I was already filled.

Did I know this???


Hell to the NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

It would have been nice to know I already had 2cc in my band. I might have been more careful from the get-go. Oh well. :/

So now I'm at 4.4cc and I'm freakin' STARVING. DK wants me to do liquids for 2 days and one day of mushies. Tomorrow is the second day, and I'm having flashbacks to Pre-Op hell week. No kitty is safe. bwahahahahahaha

My fill was easy. It was a WEIRD sensation. Let me backtrack. At first, he couldn't find my port. After having me do a leg lift, he said "I think I found it". I'm thinking "you THINK?!?!". Then suddenly I feel what can only be described as a "POP". It must have been the needle penetrating the port, but it was VERY odd. Since I was so in-tune with what was going on, I felt this weird sensation when he was putting the saline back in the band. It could be all in my head, but I'm pretty sure I could feel it tightening. Again, odd.

After that was done, I had to stand in front of the fluorscope (sp?) and drink the contrast yuck. It was pretty cool to see my innards working in real time! I saw the barium come down the esophugus, get hung up at the band, and then form a stream down into the stomach. Pretty cool. He said my band looked beautiful and I should start seeing results now. OH ya. I lost ONE freakin pound since my last visit. Pathetic. He's not concerned, YET. He told me to keep my calories at 1400 and my protein at 80g. He thinks my metabolism has crashed and I need to do those things, plus do vigourous exercise, in order for it to jump start again. Ya, OK.

One thing I know, is that I'm HUNGRY. HUNGRY. HUNGRY.

I do go back in two weeks for another fill. TWO WEEKS!!!!! Insane. But I'm SOOOO ready to watch these pounds fly off me. So much in fact that I did a little retail therapy tonight.

I had a coupon to LB for a free pair of pantys. Remember, who am I to pass up anything FREE?!?! So I walk in and informed by the lovely sales lady that their clearance racks are an additional 50% OFF. <-----those right there are some of the sweetest words in the english language. Clearance. Additional. 50%. OFF!!! CHA-CHING!!! In my cloudy haze, I start grabbing stuff like it's the last time I'll be shopping in my life. (ya, I was like the only one in there too.) I found some $49 capris for $9.99!! (yes, Amy W, I know, capris are not for short girls...but humor me, they were an additional 50% off!!!!!!). But what size do I buy them in??? I couldn't decide at first, but then I got to thinking about some of the cutest clothes in my closet currently and the sizes they are. 14!!! So that's what I decided to buy. I found two pairs of capris and one pair of business slacks. I can't wait until those bad boys will fit my arse!! CAN'T WAIT I TELL YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

  1. those 14s will fit before you know it!!! congrats on your fill...and i'm SO freaking jealous of your next fill being in 2 weeks. i have 5.5 in my band and do get a full feeling, but am hungry again F-A-S-T! all the fills at my doc's office are done under fluoroscope...it is very cool. and that is freaky about your port...sometimes i wish i couldn't feel mine because i am constantly rubbing my hand across it..ha ha. :) good luck getting the 80 grams of protein in everyday...that's about what i have to get (i'm 5'9") and it can be hard unless i do a protein shake in the morning (mine is 30g). congrats again on the fill! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks V! Hey, I tried to post a comment on your blog and it wouldn't let me. :( It said I wasn't special enough or something like that! Hmmppphhh. Girl, you're in Texas? North like me???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow !! 1400 calories? That's a lot I would gain on that much ! My docs nutritionist insists on 1000cals & 60g protein... amazing the differences huh?!
    Rach.
    http://www.urban-wasteland.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ T....lol. every time i mess w/my blog i manage to block the comments. thanks for letting me know, hopefully it's fixed now. and yes, i am in hot-as-heck north texas too.

    @ rachel...he may not keep her on 1400 calories...maybe it's just to "jump start" it again. i was taking in anywhere from 670-800 (more on the weekend) and i just STOPPED losing, i had to increase my calories to start losing again. who know?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun shopping. You have those new clothes in your closet as motivation and you will be wearing them in no time!!! Good luck getting your calories and protein in. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1400 is around what I have to do about once every week or two to jump start my metabolism, and it looks like I've got to do it again soon. heh

    Isn't that "pop" the weirdest feeling?

    Congrats on picking up those 14s, AND getting a bargain in the process... what fun! Just think, the NEXT time you try to go to LB, you probably won't even fit their clothes at all -- and what an awesome feeling that'll be!!! :D

    It's crazy how this year y'all up in North TX have it hotter than we do down in Austin. Not by much, but enough that it's been noticable every time I come up that way to visit. bleh.

    ReplyDelete