Days since Band and I became One

My Scale

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Physical Changes

I've been thinking a lot about how I will look when I'm down a significant amount of weight. For someone who has been fat her entire life, it's not like I have 'skinny' pics to look back on. I just have variant degrees of less fat, fatter, and fattest. :/

I know it's seriously premature, but I'm thinking about going under the knife, again, when I've reached my goal weight. Keep in mind, this isn't anything new for me. There are some things about myself I've wanted to alter for a long time.

No, not the unusual plastic surgery fellow bandsters might covet like a tummy tuck or a boob job.

Mine consist of getting a nose job and my teeth fixed.

I have a decent profile, no bumps or humps on my nose, but it's pretty wide and I've always disliked it. Now, I don't want to do a Jennifer Grey when after surgery no one knows who I am, I just want it thinner.

As for my teeth. Let me brag for a second. I have perfect, healthy teeth. I have one small side filling in my mouth. I got my first cavity when I was 16 and I cried. That's the only metal I have in my mouth. My old dentist used to tell me my mouth puts dentists out of business! But I do have a gap in between my front two teeth. It's a genetic thing. My mom's side of the family has it. I've lived with it for 35yrs and now that I'm getting older, it's getting wider. My dentist has been giving me options for years, but they all involve oral surgery and lots o' $$$. When I reach my goal weight, it's a reward I'm considering for myself.

Hmmmm, just thinking out loud. Maybe I'll get that boob job too, but I don't want to be one of those 60yo women with blatantly obvious implants. Then again, I've already gone down a cup size and after breastfeeding two kiddos my boobs seem to be in a race to see which one can reach my knees first. ha!

3 comments:

  1. I think it is great to think about those rewards you can give yourself after going through all that hard work. I'm wondering what kind of oral surger you need for your diastama (gap, dental talk). What options have they given you? Put those goals in front of you and dangle them like a carrot (that tastes like chocolate) and reach them! I hear you on the bb's though mine are dying down now that I am done bf'ing too. Boo hiss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a gap, too! Although mine is crooked - closer at the top and further at the bottom. I had braces twice, then some other contraption, then a permanent retainer. It STILL returned, so now I have the cadillac of permanent retainers in my mouth at the age of 35 to keep it from coming back! I so understand. I think those are great rewards to yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, just wanted to say Hi and let you know I REALLY ENJOY reading your blog! So nice to hear of someone that is struggling with restriction before the fill such as myself, unlike so many that I must say I admire deeply on LBT. I was banded 7/16 and am having my first 3-4cc fill on 8/16. It can't get here soon enough! My scale has done nothing but fluctuate between 241-239 since surgery. It's so frustrating! The more I exercise, the hungrier I am!

    ReplyDelete