Days since Band and I became One

My Scale

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Holding Pattern

Hey guys, I'm still around.

Been dealing with some sick kiddos. P2 has Roseola and P1 had a weird rash on her, that we now know was Roseola as well. Since I'm a good mom, I've kept both of them home. Hopefully P2 will be ready to go back tomorrow. She's been a nightmare these past few days. It doesn't help that she's cutting four eye-teeth (bi-cuspids?!) all at the same time. That makes for a cranky baby and a worn out mama.

Anyway...

I'm adjusting to life with the fill. The REAL fill (grrrr). I have felt pain a few times and I don't think it's really WHAT I'm eating, but rather how much and how fast I'm eating it. It always seems to be right at the beginning of the meal when I get a semi-stuck feeling. I'm sure the culprit is the Hyena-Syndrome (scarfing down food too fast before the 'hyenas' get it!). When I get that feeling, I just sit there for a minute until it passes then I'm OK to continue.

The home scale is still hovering around 250-249. Which means, no loss, still. This is beyond frustrating. Hopefully this will change soon.

Now.....brace yourselves people.

Ready????


I






AM







JOINING







A









GYM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!! ME?????????????? GYM????????????? Those two words have never co-existed in the same sentence. EVER. In my 30-something years, I've never belonged to a gym (hmmmm, maybe that's the reason I'm fat?!?) So after talking to my good friend, R, on Saturday, she convinced me to just DO IT!! She goes just about everyday and I think she is the work-out buddy I've been looking for!!!!

Well, wish me luck. I might even partake in the Go-Chicka-Go challenge on Drazil's site. :)

2 comments:

  1. Yay for you! I have joined the gym a few times, but this is the only time I have actually gone 5 days a week! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your kiddos get to feeling better. Sick kids (especially more than one at a time) is no fun at all.

    I am SO with you on the Hyena Syndrome thing. My stuck feelings are almost always near the start of a meal too. Learning to slow down and chew thoroughly is one of the hardest things about being banded, for me at least.

    Good for you on the gym! Exercise has always been integral for me to lose weight consistently. I had to remind myself of that just recently and get back on the gym wagon. Making it a habit definitely makes it easier, and it's great that you have a buddy! :)

    ReplyDelete