Days since Band and I became One

My Scale

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Halloween in August?!

Not much going on in these parts. Oh, Satan called and he said he's going back to Hell where it's cooler. :/

I'm in TX, and it's hot. DAMN HOT. We've been dealing with over 100^ heat EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. What makes it worse, compared to home, is that it doesn't cool off at night here. This evening, after coming home from some retail therapy with the fam, at 8:30pm, it was still 97^. Ugghhh I'm so ready for fall.

Speaking of fall, when I was at one of my fave craft stores today, they had their Halloween merch out already. After the initial shock of seeing it so soon, I got a little excited. I absolutely LOVE me some Halloween. As a kid, 10-31 was a big deal and now as a parent, I get to experience it all over again through the eyes of my kiddos. My mom used to sew and she made so many of my costumes when I was young. Since I don't sew, I do what every cool mom does that wants her child to have unique costumes....I hire someone to make them!!

I'm fortunate enough to know a brilliant seamstress and the wheels are already turning as to what I'm going to suggest to my big girl this year!! haha Last year was P2's first Halloween and I wanted their costumes to coordinate. After months of brainstorming (even while I was still pregnant!), I came up with a perfect combo:




Alice in Wonderland and the Queen of Hearts, for those that can't tell. It was a hit and we got so many compliments on it!! This year I'm thinking I might not coordinate costumes this year, but I'm not going to say just yet!! Since I have a seamstress, I would love to coordinate all four of us, but maybe I will wait until next year when I'm hopefully (Read: DAMN I BETTER BE) a lot smaller.

Hmmm, what else. Today we had a birthday party to go to. I was dreading it, but it turned out to be a nice, easy-going party. It was a 6yo's Princess Tea Party theme & it was really cute. I got to decorate a teacup and saucer with markers! Ya, I got in touch with my inner DaVinci. LOL It was for P1 to do, but she lost interest and commissioned my help. I obliged. heehee

Well, this concludes my babbling for the night. It's Midnight and I need to get some sleep. Today I did ZERO around my house in the way of chores and I really need to clean it tomorrow or the health dept might stop by to pay a visit. Eeek. Night Night my peeps! Hope you're having a fabulous weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment