Days since Band and I became One

My Scale

Saturday, May 15, 2010

And now we wait

I finally got the OK letter from the PCP to the Surgeon and now we wait. The billing chick at the surgeon's office said she was waiting for the notes from the dietician (who works in the same office) and then she will be able to present the entire packet to the insurance. So now we wait.

Trying to be patient.

Hmmm, what else is happening? OH, my brother might be getting the LB too. He's younger than me and unlike me, he hasn't been heavy all of his life. In fact, HE (and my sperm donor, AKA father) used to tease me about my weight when I was a kid. My how the tables have turned. I don't hold a grudge against him. I called him stupid since he had a learning disability, but I can recognize now that we were both kids and I think he's forgiven me. I sure have him.

So, ya, he's put on quite the pounds since he's been married. He's on blood pressure meds, has sleep apnea, and is seeing a cardiologist. He is 30, much too young to have that many problems (hmmm, where have I heard that before?!) I've been casually talking to him about my interest in the surgery and I think he's starting to think it would be best for him too. In fact, I talked to him last night and he said he has the same insurance as me and he's seeing right now if they will cover it.

I think it would be AWESOME to share this experience with my brother. Through the years we haven't been exactly close, but I think this might bridge that gap. We don't live in the same state, but I think we both could help each other through it.

So, that's that. OH, I also want to send a shoutout to my friend Mo! She had her surgery on Tuesday and when I talked to her yesterday (for the first time! We *met* online) she sounded to be recovering nicely. She lives really close to me and sees the same doctor! You can bet I will be stalking her like a cat watching a mouse!! No pressure, Mo!! :) This town better watch out when we're two thin & HAWT mamas!! haha

3 comments:

  1. Good luck on the insurance wait. I wish that I could say that it flies by, but it doesn't it really SUCKS! But, in all fairness it all leads to a good end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The insurance wait seemed to take forever - It was only 2 1/2 weeks but the being inlimbo thing was aweful. I finally have a surgery date July 1. yay me! Good Luck I'm rooting for you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! I'm hoping it doesn't take the full 30 days like they said, so I'm hoping they take the fast plan with me. Although, I'm starting to get REALLY nervous. REALLY nervous. Arrggghhh, think I will blog about it. :)

    Thanks for your support, everyone. I'm so glad we have this medium for support.

    ReplyDelete