Days since Band and I became One

My Scale

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Damn You Big Brother

Sorry it's been a while since I've updated my blog. I normally do it from work (teehee) except when I came in on Tuesday, I found that 'blogs and personal sites' have been blocked. WTF!?! (Anyone know how to get around Websense??? leave me a comment!) So of course I can't go and complain that my site is blocked, now can I?! So I have to just deal with it, I suppose. It sucks. I'm on the PC all day at work and when I get home for the night, the last thing I want to do is surf the net. Don't those silly corporate head honchos know that that's what work is for?!?! Sheesh.

Anyway, so it's Mom's Day eve and my big girl and DH are out shopping. So typical, but at least it gave me some quality time with P2, and I get to update my neglected blog.

On a band note, I had the visit with my PCP on Thursday. This was the visit to get my "OK for surgery" letter from him. Here's how it went.

Dr: So you're finally getting the lapband.
Me: (errr, that was kinda rude) Yes, I'm hoping to.
Dr. So, what do you need from me?
Me: Ummm, I'm not sure. Just a letter saying that I'm clear for surgery, I think.
Dr. Oh, is that it?
Me: Yes, I think so.
Dr. Well, do they need an EKG or some labs?
Me: (getting irritated at this point) I don't know, maybe you should call their office and ask what it is they need done exactly.
Dr. OK, let me see if I can get them on the phone.

I'm thinking, HELLOOOOO McFly!!!!!!!! You're the damn doctor, FIGURE IT OUT!!!!!!

Then he leaves. Comes back a few minutes later and says, "we'll just get some labs on you to make sure everything is within normal range." Ummmmmm, OK.

So once that is done he comes back in and says that's it and mentions that his staff will get on the letter. Now I'm waiting. Yesterday, I called the surgeon's office to see if they had received that note. Nope, not yet. They hadn't rec'd my shrink eval either, so I called my PCP again and left a message. Of course since it was a Friday, no one returned my call.

Now I'm waiting, AGAIN. No one told me this whole band thing is a 'hurry up and wait' game. Patience is a virtue I was absenst the day it was handed out. :)

On a good note, I went to Old Navy today and bought a cute pair of lounge shorts with a cute little tank top. Right now, I don't even know if it will fit my ass (it's an XL), but I think I will use it as a point of reference outfit. Maybe I will try to squeeze my hiney into it, take a pic in all my fat glory, and just hold onto it until I start to look better it in and then post a before and after.

To all the moms out there, I wish every one of you a beautiful Mother's Day with your family!

1 comment:

  1. Doesn't this waiting game suck. Mine is sitting at the medical review at insurance. I so want this to go more quickly.

    ReplyDelete