Days since Band and I became One

My Scale

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Busy Busy Busy

Sorry I haven't updated in a while. My DD had her first birthday party this weekend and we've been super busy! I can't believe my baby is ONE!! Seems like just yesterday I was pregnant with her and now she's a year old!! My, time does fly once you have children.

Anyway....so last Friday I had my visit with the dietician. That was one hour of my life I will never get back. There were 4 women and myself, plus one man in the class. One lady was having the full bypass, one lady was getting the sleeve, and the rest of us were getting banded (hopefully!). I found it interesting that was only one man there. Is weight loss surgery patients prodominately women?? I wonder why that is? Interesting what that says about our society, if it's true.

So about the class. We were given a booklet with a rough outline of what we're supposed to be eating post op. That was it. He gave a little speech about the importance of eating slowly, choosing proteins over carbs, etc... Nothing new really. One lady asked about the vitamins we should take and it wasn't anything out of the norm. Multi vitamin, D with calcium, and B12. Maybe iron if we need it, but we won't know until after the surgery and they take labs. Anyway, it was kind of a waste of time, but it was another hoop and I gladly jumped through it!

No comments:

Post a Comment