Days since Band and I became One

My Scale

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Shopping Fool

I've always been a shopper. It's in my genes. I come from a LONG LINE of female shoppers in my family. It skipped a generation though since my mom HATES to shop. Anyway.... my grandma and my aunts are hardcore shoppers. In fact, I have a term for my grandma and her mad skills. Whenever I find a GREAT bargain, I mean, like practically free item, we refer to it as a "grandma bargain"!! She is famous for finding $70 pair of shoes for $5! Seriously...and speaking of shoes. They are her specialty. She is the Imelda Marcos of Santa Barbara! That woman has more shoes than she could ever wear for the rest of her life. In fact, my sweet grandma visited me and my family last weekend and what did she bring me? Shoes. Shoes that she bought but they didn't fit her right so she gave them to me! Oh, here's the great thing. Out of all her kids (5) and grandkids (14), I'm the only one that wears the same size as she does. So, guess who gets those shoes when grandma goes to sit with Jesus?!?! Damn skippy!!!! :)

So back to what I was saying? Oh, shopping. So, my stores of preference include JCP, Kohls, Target, Michaels, LB (for now), Old Navy, Macys, and Dillards. There are more, mind you... Anyway, so I always get ads for said stores and now I'm starting to get SUPER excited about clothes; EVEN MORE THAN NORMAL. LOL Being thin opens up a whole new ballgame where shopping is concerned. You could look at my closet now and see an S-Load of clothes and shoes, but being thin is going to be unlike anything I can imagine.

I'm glad I work outside of the home. Someone needs to support my habit!!! :) I CAN'T WAIT!!!

In fact, I saw this dress at Kohls.


I almost bought it. I LOVE IT. As much as I wanted it, I decided against it. My biggest problem was it was in the Juniors section. Me?! A Junior?! I never fit into the Juniors dept when I WAS a junior! haha So I thought it would be too far a stretch (goal) to even think that I could squeeze my ass in a Juniors' size dress. Oh what a goal it would be, but I don't want to get all crazy and depressed when I never get that small. So alas, it's still at the store.

2 comments:

  1. I am so stoked about shopping too! The only sizes in my closet are 18w-20w. After I lose too much to wear them I will have to buy new stuff. I think my husband is a little scared!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my name is Karen and I'm a shopaholic - Oh I'm sorry this isn't the support group? this is the shopping club yay!!!!

    ReplyDelete