Days since Band and I became One

My Scale

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Jillian Michaels

Had a bit of a heated argument at work today. It was between myself and one of my co-workers. We'll call him R. I like R. He's a nice guy...would give you the shirt off his back kind of nice guy. The other thing about R is that he weighs, if I had to guess, between 400-500lbs. Sadly, he's not the biggest person in our office. That award goes to D. She's probably over 550, easily. She sports a mullet and probably likes girls, but I'll stop right there about her.

So, back to R. We were in the breakroom and I mentioned that I watched Jillian's show last night. Well out of the blue, I got this lecture of the evil that is JM. How she's this horrible awful person who likes to degrade people and gets her kicks by making people cry. My argument was this: Several of the people on TBL and LI (the new show) need that tough love to get their asses moving. I said the contestants on that show KNEW what they were getting into when they signed up to be on TV. So for them to get pissed off at J because she rides them like a pony, is just ridiculous. Ya, of course she's a hard-ass and I know if I were in that situation I would probably tell her to EFF off too...but alas, I won't put myself in that situation. ;)

Anyway, so his reasoning was people (obese people) shouldn't be challenged like that to change their lives and they should be happy being fat; just like him. He's ANTI WLS (none of my cwrks know of my LBS intent) and he doesn't go to REAL doctors because 'they can't help him', which is code for "they all tell me to lose weight". One of the things he said to me was "ya, those people lose weight on the show and die two years later from cancer." That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. He would rather eat that cheeseburger to keep up his quality of life, rather than actually living his life, a longer life without the cheeseburger. KWIM?! So, for now he's content to keep up his current lifestyle. He's going to shit twinkies once he finds out I took 'the easy way out'. Ummm, ya...if my choices are death OR LBS, I choose LBS THANKS!!!

While I'm on kind of a rant on R...riddle me this, my blog buds....

What do you do when said co-worker asks you to fax something for him since the machine is a trek down the hall that he'd rather not make. Or, when he consistently asks whomever is going out to lunch to bring him back something? I would say that happens like 3-4 times a week with various people. Does it bother me personally? Not really since it's not interrupting my work, my routine, or what have you. BUT, I do feel like we're all inabling him to stay on his ass and not do ANY type of physical activity while he's at work. Sometimes I take the stance that it's none of my business and as long as he's not intruding on me or taking advantage of me, then it's not my problem. Ya know?! But, like I mentioned before, he IS a sweet guy and he IS a friend. Then again, part of me wants to tell him "get off your ass and fax it yourself!" $5 says he will treat me differently once I start losing the weight. Right now, I think we share this unspeakable bond, like some secret (or not so secret) fat club, and that I will be betraying him in some way once I'm thinner. Who knows...maybe not!!

I don't know....just rambling at this point. Guess I should go to bed. Thanks for listening, my peeps!

2 comments:

  1. I have told my co-workers my intentions with wls. I work with a bunch of women and 3 guys. Every woman in my office except one (and she is new) wears 16-18 pants. Everyone there is always on some diet and I have overheard some comments that they are going to do this the "right way." I will be laughing when my skinny ass off when they are still wearing the same pants as always. I have conceded in the fact that my method will work and the weight will STAY off! The moral of my story? Don't let them get to you, just live your life as you want and move on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather!! That's the stance I will be taking when I'm thin and trim!

    ReplyDelete