Days since Band and I became One

My Scale

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Starvation: Day 10

I'm really having a hard time.

I almost cracked today, to the tune of Chick Fil A. It took my DH and my newest friend J to talk me away from the drive-thru line.

I just want food. Real food. Fast food. Bad food. Yummy food.

I needed to go run a few errands at lunch time and that's when it started calling me. I was like a crackhead jonesing for the next high. A French fry high. Ha.

I don't know why these last few days (4!!!) of this pre-op is killing me, but it is. It takes all I have not to get in the car and hit up one of my fave places.
Today is especially hard. 2 words.

Fajita

Thursday.
This was a weekly treat we would indulge in at a Mexican place around here. Well, guess what today is? Thursday. :(
No fajitas for me. Damn. I'm soooo hungry.
Ok, the above was written about three hours ago. The good news? No fajitas.
The bad news? I ate some real food.

2 potato wedges. 2 bites of an Arbys jr roast beef sandwich.
know. I know. I'm a pathetic pre-op bandster. I keep thinking it wasn't a good choice, but it could have been worse.
Does that excuse it? Absolutely not.... But I'm owning it.
One interesting thing that little fiasco brought to my attention was it kind of hurt to swallow. It's like my throat has closed up some and the chunk of food felt like a ton of jagged bricks were sliding down my gullet! Ouch.
Another little fat-moment I had was when I decided against going out to lunch. In protest, I decided I was going to swipe a piece of candy from the receptionist's desk. Oh it was hard to decide!
I took a miniature milky way. As I was holding it like Gollum held his ring (myyyy
precious!), I took the smallest nibble as if to savor every single fleck of sugar.
Then it hit me. It tasted funny. Odd. I took another tiny nibble. Yuck. I threw it
away. Me?!?! Throw away perfectly good chocolate?!? Never!!! I did this time!
Guess some changes for the better are happening.


Who knew?!

No comments:

Post a Comment